Finite element programming by FreeFem++ -- advanced course
4, 5 Jun. 2016 @ Japan SIAM tutorial, Tokyo, Atsushi Suzuki
Information on tutorial is available in Japanese : http://na.cs.tsukuba.ac.jp/acmi/?p=403 and poster in PDF.
slide in PDF.
Finite element programming by FreeFem++ -- intermediate course, which describes linear/nonlinear solvers, was held on 11, 12 Feb. 2016 @ Japan SIAM tutorial, Tokyo
- 1st lecture :
Schwarz iterative method and RAS/ASM as a preconditioner
- PDF Alterante-Schwarz.edp : classical Alternate Schwarz method for a Poisson equation with overlapping decomposition.
- PDF Jacobi-Schwarz-MPI.edp : MPIts version of Jacobi-Scfwarz method.
- PDF Schwarz.edp : Restricted Additive Schwarz / Additive Schwarz method as fixed point method and as preconiditioner for GMRES/CG methods:
based on An Introduction to Domain Decomposition Methods -- Algorithms, Theory, and Parallel Implementation, V. Dolean, P Jolivet, F. Nataf, SIAM 2015, ISBN 978-1-611974-05-8 .
- PDF Schwarz-MPI.edp : MPI computation only for subdomain solver in Schwarz.edp
- 2nd lecture :
Schur complement method and Neunamm-Neumann/BDD preconditioner
- PDF BDD.edp : Schur complement method and Blancing Neumann-Nemuann method.
- PDF BDD3d.edp : three-dimensional version.
- 3rd lecture :
FETI method for a Possion problem with lumped/Dirichlet preconditioner
- PDF FETI.edp : Conjugate Projected Gradient algorithm in FETI is realized by LinearCG of FreeFem++ and singular stiffness matrix of floating subdomain is factorized by UMFPACK with Lagrange multiplier or by Dissection solver directly.
updated: 10 Jun. 2016.