Welcome to the Mathematics of Modelling speciality website.
The Mathematics of Modelling speciality is part of
the Mathematics and Applications Master's degree.
Research coordinator: E. Trélat
Adjunct coordinator: A. Le Hyaric
The Mathematics of Modeling speciality is jointly managed by the Pierre and Marie Curie University,
École Polytechnique and
École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées.
The MATHEMATICS AND APPLICATIONS Master's degree offers the opportunity to take up the course on Big Data.
This Master and the MASEF Master ("Mathématiques de la Finance, de l'Economie et de l'Assurance") from the Paris Dauphine
University have also established a convention which allows students from both universities to follow common courses. More
information on the COCV Major presentation page.
If you wish to contact us, please contact our secretariat (to come to Jussieu or to the École Polytechnique, please check Informations/Getting here)
Calendar for year 2017-2018
- Presentation Meeting : Thursday, september 7th, 2017 at 14:00 (UPMC room 15/25-104)
- Base Courses : from Monday, september 11th, to Friday, october 20th
- Fundamental Courses : from Monday, october 23rd, to Friday, december 22nd
- "Toussaint" (mid-term) Holidays : from Saturday, october 28th, to Monday, november 6th
- Christmas Holidays : from Saturday, december 23rd, 2017 to Monday, january 8th, 2018
- Exams for fundamental courses + second session for base courses exams : from Monday, january 8th, to
Friday, january 19th, 2018
- Specialised Courses : from Monday, january 22nd, to Friday, march 30th, 2018